The Books I read this Summer...

I've always loved books for as long as I can remember and have been nicknamed a bookworm on numerous occasions. 
This summer was no exception. 
Whilst this isn't a list of all the books I have read over the past few months, these are the ones that have stuck out in my mind when I think back, so let's get started.

Firstly I have to start with J.K Rowling's Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (would be rude not to!) As a huge fan of all things Potter, I can confirm this is not the first time I have read the series. However, I only read them the once when they were released oh so long ago. When I heard that the Philosopher's Stone was being re-released for the 20th Anniversary, I had to order the Griffindor colours even though I am a Hufflepuff, oops. It was nice to go back and feel like I was reliving my childhood, even the smell of the pages sent me back to being 8 years old. I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book again after so long as I have seen the film, many, many, times. There were even characters I had forgotten about, sorry Peeves. All in all, its a lovely edition and I just hope they release all the other books in the same way when they reach their 20 year anniversaries. 


Secondly, Sophie Kinsella's My Not So Perfect Life. Sophie Kinsella is one of my favourite authors and I have read all of the books she has written as herself, for example, the hilarious Shopaholic series. I love how easy her books are to read and have you laughing from the first page. I love the hilarious situations her characters seem to find themselves in and I'm a sucker for a story where a person, business or house needs rescuing/ setting up and the characters are the ones to do it (I'm a bit nosey).


Thirdly, James Bowen's A Street Cat Named Bob - what a remarkable little cat! I read this book in no time at all and what an inspiring, touching and gripping read it was, bearing in mind the subjects this book touches on. I honestly don't know how he kept going but I guess as anyone who has had a pet would know, they bring a touch of magic to your life and make everything seem a little brighter even in the darkest of days. 

Last but by no means least, Liane Moriarty's Big Little Lies. I read The Husband's Secret by Liane so I had no doubt I was going to enjoy this book and jumped at the chance to purchase it when I stumbled across it in a charity shop on my lunch break. I didn't see the much talked about, award-winning TV series due to not having the HBO channel, so I thought I'd take it away with me on holiday and it was £2.00 well spent. I think it's fair to say I read this book pretty quickly whilst I was away, as I couldn't put it down. It grips you from the first page and is so cleverly written with the police interviews running throughout and you don't know what happened until almost the end...very clever.  


I would highly recommend all of the above books.

Thank you for reading 
Love.Hx


Comments

Popular Posts