My Second Trimester Must Haves.


I'm back with another trimester must haves. Although this one is very different from the last there are still many ups and downs that pregnancy throws at you. You can be find one day and the next suffering with the worst headache of your life. Here's what I found useful... 

1. Bra Extenders
I already had soft non wired bras because I'm all about comfort so, I didn't want to then have to buy a load of maternity bras. I purchased 6 bra extenders on Amazon for a couple of pounds and they have been amazing. I'm comfortable and no longer feel like I can't breathe.

2. Maternity Jeans
Honestly even if you're not pregnant I think everyone needs a pair. They are so bloody comfy!! I got a selection of under the bump jeans from ASOS and I love them.

3. H&M Mens Pink Hoodie
Another amazing purchase if I do say so myself. I have a will continue to live in this hoodie to the point where people will be sick of seeing it. It is so flippin' soft inside and just makes me happy. Some days when your bump feels 'tight' you just need something oversize to wear. I'm a huge fan of oversize occasionally anyway so this is a good addition to my maternity wardrobe. I'm normally a size 8-10 and I got this in a medium. I'll probably keep wearing it round the house even after the baby is here.

4. Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Butter
I've got quite a few scretch mark 'ointments' as my husband calls them. I have a small Palmers stretch mark cream and a Bio Oil which my mum kindly gave me for Christmas. The one I've been using first is the Burts Bees Mama Bee Belly Butter and I really like it. You get a lot in each tub and a little goes a long way. It does leave you feeling sticky as it's quite thick but I pop this in before bed so I'm sleeping whilst it soaks in. It is also quite often on offer in Boots which is where I got this.

5. Natural Birthing Company Best Washes Uplifting Body Wash For Delicate Noses
There are so many things about not having baths during pregnancy and I didn't during the first trimester but nothing beats a bath at the end of a long week. Obviously use common sense and don't have it too hot and it's fine. This wash is aimed at people experiencing sickness and nausea which I wasn't. I like it because I nervous about perfumed bubble baths and this one has been developed by Midwives. It doesn't have a strong scent and gives a good amount of bubbles, I've really enjoyed using it.

6. Bump to Birthday, Pregnancy & First Year Baby Journal
This was another bargain eBay find, brand new for £11.10. I've thoroughly enjoyed filling this in week by week since week 9. It's a lovely way to write down feelings, thoughts and memories for pregnancy which you can carry on until your little one reaches their first birthday. I also like adding photos to mine each week of what I've been up to so I can look back on many years from now.


7. Soft Non-Wired Bras
Again comfort is a must during pregnancy. I had a few of these bras before I got pregnant from Next and I bought a couple more from Sainsburys during the second trimester. I don't know if I'll ever go back to underwired bras now I have these.

8. Ikea Nejlika V Pillow
During the second trimester I started to really suffer with pains in my hips and seriously achy legs mainly at night as some times during the day. This pillow was an absolute bargain at £7.00 in IKEA and a further £3.00 for the pillow case, the best £10.00 I've ever spent. Just a little bit of extra support for my legs and hips at night has made such a difference.

9. Tesco 6 Pack Mini Breadsticks
It wouldn't be a pregnancy must haves post without some sort of snack. Me and my husband call these my emergency breadsticks. During the second trimester I was hungry a good 90% of the time and it would creep up on me so I kept a packet of these in my bag at all times. You also get a surprising amount in each packet.


Thank you for reading
Love.Hx

Comments

Popular Posts