Pregnancy Books.

As we all know I am a huge book lover and serial planner. I also love a bit of research. Here's a round up of all the books I have read during and post pregnancy, to aid me on this daunting quest as new mum.

1. THE DAY BY DAY PREGNANCY BOOK

I've spoken about this books before in My First Trimester Must Haves here. I found it really interesting to read about what my little human might be up to day to day and also the symptoms have been seriously spot on.

2. MOTHER & BABY MAGAZINE

Not really a book but I couldn't write this post without mentioning it. This magazine is one of the very few I have read cover to cover, every word. It is packed full of advice and tips on everything from pregnancy, toddlers, feeding, sleeping, weaning etc. I have particularly enjoyed reading the positive birth stories. My only regret is that I didn't start buying this months ago. Will definitely be buying this monthly from now on, I've even considered the subscription which I would never have considered in a million years before.
3. APTA CLUBS 'NEW BORN MUM'
I was given this book at The Baby Show in my free goodie bag. Firstly that cover literally makes my heart melt. I cannot recommend this book enough, I literally read this cover to cover in one evening. It's packed with easy to read, simple and relatable advice. I loved it so much, I made my husband read it.

4. HYPNOBIRTHING; PRACTICAL WAYS TO MAKE YOUR BIRTH BETTER BY SIOBHAN MILLER

I could not wait for this book to be released! I came across The Positive Birth Company whilst researching Hypnobirthing and as soon as I saw this book, I pre-ordered it. I could not recommend it enough, everyone should read it, Mums to Be and Birth Partners. I have honestly learnt so much about child birth! The breathing really helped me during labour and I only had gas and air right at the end because a baby that is back to back is horrendous, trust me, you can't breathe through that alone.

5. TRULY HAPPY BABY BY HOLLY WILLOUGHBY

I really enjoyed this book and would recommend to new mums and dads. It is packed full of advice and tried and tested tips. It is so easy to read and isn't too much of an information over load. I've taken some really good tips from this book and loved the sections on routine ideas. It also left me quite tearful at the end.
6. THE LITTLE BOOK OF SELF-CARE FOR NEW MUMS BY BECCY HANDS & ALEXIS STICKLAND
The best till last in my opinion. I read this book in under a week which is pretty good going with a 7 week old. I absolutely loved it. It would make the perfect gift for every new mum. It is packed full of helpful information and little pick me ups that all first time mum's and even mum's who already have children would benefit from. It is so easy to read and I loved the illustrations. If you know someone who's pregnant or your pregnant yourself, you need to buy this immediately.

Thank you for reading
Love. Hx

Comments

Popular Posts