Book Review|| The House Across the Street - Lesley Pearse.

Set in 1964, 23 year old Katy Speed loves nothing more than watching the comings and goings of Gloria's house opposite. There are often women being taken indoors by another woman during the day and Katy wants to know what's going on and who they are. One night she is woken by her mother screaming about a fire opposite. The fire completely destroys Gloria's house and the following day, bodies are carried out of the wreckage. When Katy's father is arrested, charged with murder, Katy sets out to prove he is innocent and in her quest uncovers the secrets of The House Across The Street as well as others closer to home.

I would never in a million years pick this book up to read. I had it because my mum brought it round so I thought I'd give it a go. I honestly could not put it down, it was so easy to read and I was desperate to finish it to find out what happens. I finished it in under a week and with a 10 week old baby I think that is quite an achievement.

The only thing I didn't like about this book initially, was that you found out who the murderer was about half way through the book which I was a bit disappointed about. However the last part of the book is about her own families secrets! So intriguing.

I do think everyone would enjoy this book. I normally read easy to read romantic novels for a bit of escapism from the real world but I thoroughly enjoyed this book. It would make a perfect, gripping holiday read.

Leave me a comment if you've read it and let me know what you thought of it or if you want to read it.

Thank you for reading
Love.H

Comments

Popular Posts