Book Review|| How To Stop Time - Matt Haig.

This book is set at the present time and in the past. The main character, Tom Hazard, is 439 years old, even though he looks 41! He's seen a lot of history during his time so it is not surprising he is a history teacher. Life isn't that simple though; he has to change his identity every 8 years in order to stay alive. No-one can know how old he is or their life will be at risk. He also can't fall in love because of this.

Something I really liked about this book was the fact it jumps back and forth between the past and present which is surpringly not confusing. I also really liked the famous names that were in the book, the way they were written about was almost like the story was real and you were reading about someone's life story.

I will be honest I did struggle with the size of the text lol it just seemed quite small to me and this would normally put me off reading a book. I did also struggle to get into the book to start with, I would say for the first 20 or so pages it jumps around quite a lot and it's hard to keep track of who people are and what's going on. Stick with it though as after that, I flew through this book in just over a week which is really good for me.

To round up, I wouldn't really say this book is for everyone. If you're a history fan you would probably love it as it jumps about all over history. Having said that it does have a lot; romance, mystery and crime.

Definatley a book I really enjoyed reading.

Thank you for reading
Love.H

Comments

Popular Posts