Holiday Series|| Book Review|| The Keeper of Lost Things.

I've kept this post as part of my Holiday Series as I did in fact read it on holiday back in June. It literally took me a day and a half to complete as I couldn't put it down. The book itself has a very velvety cover which just feels lovely to hold. The cover is also decorated with a few of the authors 'lost things' which I think is lovely and each of the chapters starts with a tiny image of a 'lost thing.'

The Keeper of Lost Things is Ruth Hogan's first novel, winner of the Richard & Judy Readers' Award and Sunday Times bestseller, and what a good one it is for a debut. It starts off with Anthony Peardew (I mean what an awesome name) who has spent most of his life collecting lost things trying to make amends for a promise he had broken many years before. Realising he is running out of time he leaves his house and everything within, to his assistant Laura on the condition that she return all of the objects to their rightful owners. Will she be able to do it?

What I loved about this book, aside from the characters was that for every object they tried to reunite with the owners, the reader then learns how that item became lost unknown to the characters. I also thought that the character of Sunshine was written about beautifully and she really did touch my heart. I also loved her ability to sense things when touching the objects as I like a good super natural element to a story (I'm a sucker for a ghost story).

The only thing I thought I was going to struggle with with this book was, the fact that he had collected items for half of his life, that's a lot of things! I just didn't see how all of these items were going to realistically be returned to their owners but to be honest when you read the book that's not really the point of the story.
For all intense and purposes this book is a love story but not in the traditional romance novel sense. It has so much more to offer and that is why I honestly think anyone of any age would enjoy this book. It makes you feel all the emotions, happy, sad and it even brought a tear to my eye at the end. I literally didn't want it to be over.

If you're looking for a good holiday read or a good read in general give this one a go :).

As always, thank you for taking the time to read this post
Don't forget to check out my Instagram - love.hblog & Twitter - @Love_H23blog
Love.Hx

Comments

Popular Posts