Holiday Series|| July Favourites.

How amazing is this weather we are having!! I'm sweating in places I didn't know I had, like the back of my knees which I mean, is just beyond attractive but we're all in the same boat. I don't want this heatwave to end, an over night downpour would be nice but it needs to be followed by more sun. Seriously this could be the best summer in all my twenty-something years.

So I thought it would be fun for my July edit to make it the another installment of my Holiday Series. If you haven't seen all of my others, firstly where have you been and secondly, they all start with 'Holiday Series||' on my blog so check them out if your interested :).

Lets kick this off with Dobble. Now Dobble is a game I first saw in Waterstones in Brighton back in March. I was looking for a card game to take away with me that was a bit more interesting than a standard pack of cards and didn't take up too much space in my case. It is 5 games in 1 (I know) and can be played with 2-8 people. I am seriously competitive and this is my ideal loud, fast paced game. I think we played this pretty much every night on holiday. It's just the perfect game to throw in your bag and take literally anywhere; pub, park, garden etc. Also comes in a sweet little tin.
I really don't like wearing foundation on holiday or in hot weather to be honest, I just find it a bit heavy on my skin. I've used tinted moisturisers in the past but I've always found that they make your face feel sticky and are way to dark. So before I went away, I was on a mission to find a new one. I found the Garnier BB Cream when I was scrolling through the Superdrug site and because it was the original BB cream and the reviews were pretty good, I thought I'd give it a go. I am so glad I did, it has 5 benefits in one and because it is a blemish balm it's meant to sort any skin issues. This has without doubt transformed my skin, it has seriously never been this smooth and it gives my face such a lovely glow and it's not sticky!! Winner.

I read The Keeper of Lost Things by Ruth Hogan in a day and a half whilst on holiday, I could not put it down. I absolutely loved every minute of it. The characters are lovely and the story is so touching. I'm going to be posting a book review on this book soon so keep a look out on the ol' blog.

I picked up another Garnier product on my holiday shopping quest, the Garnier After Sun Tissue Mask (£2.50!). There is nothing worse than tight feeling skin after being in the sun all day. I used one of these whilst I was away and the other now as I write this. They work like any other tissue mask; pop it on your face, scare yourself in the mirror and leave for 15 mins. It claims to intensely rehydrate and revitalise, immediately sooth and makes your tan look more luminous. It is also enriched with witch hazel and the magic hyaluronic acid with 1 mask being the equivalent of 5 applications of facial moisturiser! I really enjoyed using these, they are so cooling on the face and seriously relaxing. Once removed, massage in the excess and then remove any remaining with a cotton pad as the masks are packed with product. It leaves your skin looking really even and so smooth.

Now I don't know what it is about sandals or whether it happens to anyone else but I ruin them. I scuff them constantly, I must seriously drag my feet and they always seem to fall apart. Not this year, this year I found the Topshop Harley Black Sandals which are real leather and have a proper sole. They are without doubt the comfiest sandals I have ever owned, they are made from the softest leather and not once have they rubbed my feet. I've had strangers come up to me whilst I've been out asking me where they are from, which has never happened to me before. I am seriously considering buying another pair because I know I will be devastated when these are all worn and tatty.
I couldn't end this post without mentioning Peonies and the weather (I am British after all). Peonies have to be one of the most beautiful flowers. They literally look like they are made from paper, they are so delicate and the scent is amazing. I managed to get my hands on peonies twice this year, first I had white ones which I could not stop smelling, they were that good. The second ones I had were pink and I bought two lots to pack out my vase and they were beautiful. If you missed them you can find pictures of them on my Instagram (handle below). Next year, treat yourself to some peonies as you will not be disappointed.

Lastly the weather and oh my has it been hot. The sun just makes everyone so happy and puts people in such a good mood. My favourite thing about nice weather is reading a good book in my garden. That is where you will find me most weekends when I'm not tackling my never ending to do list that is.

Thank you for reading
Don't forget to check out my Instagram - love.hblog & Twitter - @Love_H23blog
Love.Hx

Comments

Popular Posts