My First Trimester Must Haves.


Here's something a bit different for my blog, My First Trimester Must Haves! So the first trimester is a bit of an odd one in my opinion, I've named it the sh*t one. It's incredibly lonely, you have no clue what's going on and even if you planned on getting pregnant, it still takes a while to process and sink in. You can also have weird symptoms along with the 'normal' ones, so for me, I felt like I'd lost my personality and sense of humour and generally did not feel like Me. These are the things I found helped me through...

1. Sanex Dermo Sensitive Roll-On Anti-Perspirant
This has been a must for me as, I randomly developed an allergic reaction to the deodorant I had been using for years during my first trimester. I now actually really like this product, it smells lovely and dries quickly. I like it so much that I've carried on using it and it will be in my routine for a long while yet.

2. Sleep Bras
Trust me in your first trimest you NEED these! I just bought these ones from New Look at ASOS for £7.99 each and they were worth every penny. They are basically a crop top so really comfy to sleep in.

3. The Day-by-Day Pregnancy Book: Count Down Your Pregnancy Day by Day with Advice From a Team of Experts
This was one of the first things I bought when I found out we were pregnant. I did some research on pregnancy books and this was top on so many lists. It didn't cost a lot either, I got this brand new on eBay for £14.22 and I have read it religiously. It's like a reassuring voice every night before I go to bed when I read the page for the day. It covers literally everything from food to eat and avoid, what to expect at scans, symptoms etc and it is so spot on with the information it gives on symptoms.

4. Pregnancy Week by Week App by Amila
This is the easiest app I personally found to use. It has weekly information about you and also your baby, you can count kicks, track weight and add notes along with other help things. I particularly like that it gives you daily snippets of information which I like to read every morning.

5. Jacob's Cheddars Cheese Biscuits
Honestly I don't know how many packets of these I got through they were literally a life saver. If I was feeling sick one of these would do the trick. I became a bit addicted to them! I was lucky in that I was never sick and only occasionally felt sick when I was hungry. Ginger biscuits as well, I couldn't start the day without a couple of biscuits.

6. Concealer
My skin during the first trimester was not great. It was seriously oily and the breakouts I had were the most I've had in a long time due to the insane amount of hormones so concealer was applied daily in large quantities (lol). If you're in for first trimester, it does get better.

7. Google
Let's face it the first trimester is pretty bloody lonely. I know yo can tell people but we like most, didn't so there was nothing we didn't Google! Also if this is your first pregnancy you basically don't know what's going on, what to expect and what's normal so Google was 100% a god send.

8. Jeggings
I lived in jeggings which I bought for £4.00 each in Primark shortly after I found out I was pregnant as they were so much more comfortable than having a button digging into your bloated tummy all day.

Thank you for reading
Love.Hx

Comments

Popular Posts