Book Review|| Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine.

 So this isn't the sort of book I normally reach for but after seeing it all over Instagram, I had to check it out. The book is centered around the main character; 30 year old Eleanor Oliphant and set in Glasgow. Eleanor Oliphant is definitely an outsider and someone who doesn't quite fit in. She wears the same clothes everyday and has the same things for lunch and dinner. She also buys two bottles of Vodka every Friday after work, to drink over the weekend whilst she waits for Monday again. When she falls in love with the front man of a local band, her carefully planned life starts to fray and fall apart. Eleanor is forced to navigate a world that would seem completely normal to you or I but totally alien to Eleanor, who has a very simple outlook on life. You also rediscovers the tragic secrets from her past, that she has kept buried within her for a very long time.


What I liked about the book was how easy it was to read; at 383 pages, it is quite a chunky book but I just couldn't seem to put it down and from chapter one, I was hooked. The book is told from Eleanor's point of view and I loved her funny reactions to 'normal' scenarios she finds herself in. Not only was this book funny, it was also very touching and sad in places. At some points it almost made me cry and made me really want to help this character who was clearly struggling. I also really liked the front cover of this book. I know, I know don't judge a book by it's cover but I can't help it. I love the simplicity of it but also how striking it is, you can spot it across a shop in no time at all.


I honestly think this book would be a good read for anyone, regardless of what genre of book you normally read. It really makes you think about how you would treat Eleanor if she was a real person. It also just goes to show, that you don't know everything that is going on in someones life.

If I could give this book a rating it would get a big 5/5 from me. It was beautifully written and I loved every page. I cannot wait for this book to be made into a film.

Thank you for reading
Don't forget to check out my Instagram - love.hblog & Twitter - @Love_H23blog
Love.Hx

Comments

Popular Posts