Holiday Series|| What's in my Holiday Makeup Bag.

My holiday makeup bag has to be my favourite thing to pack before I go away. I love the bronze, gold shades and bright lips. I also like to pick a few new things to take away with me to try out. Here's the products I packed this year and what I thought about them:

So obviously, I packed my essentials and the products I can't live without. So for 'tools' I took my Primark eyelash curler which honestly, is the best and I use it everyday and my trusty Real Techniques brushes. I also took my Maybelline Lash Sensational Black Mascara in Extra Black, Rimmel Clear Brow This Way Gel, Rimmel Waterproof Kohl Kajal Eyeliner and my Clinique Stay-Matte Sheer Pressed Powder in 101 Invisible. Honestly, I don't know what I would do without these products, I'm yet to find any that are better.
Let's start with my new Garnier SkinActive BB Cream in Light which is a 5 in 1 daily moisturiser. I really don't like wearing foundation on holiday or on hot days so I opt for a tinted moisturiser instead. So before I went away I did a lot of online research into the best ones on the high street and decided to give this one a try. I'm so glad I did as, I haven't used anything else know for almost 3 weeks, whilst on holiday and since I've been back. It gives your face a lovely hint of colour and honestly my skin has been so good with no breakouts since using it. Seriously impressed by this and I think it is one to stay until, dare I say it, Autumn.

For my brows, I took the Kat Von D Signature Brow Precision Pencil which I was kindly sent by the Glamour Beauty Club. I wanted to take it away with me so I could really try it out as I took no other pencils with me. Firstly the packaging is really long and narrow which makes it perfect to hold. It has a spoolie on one end and the pencil on the other which you twist up. The pencil itself is in a tiny oval shape and because it is quite small it gives such a natural look.
This Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette I absolutely fell in love with. I first discovered this when the Makeup Artist did my bridesmaids trial makeup for my wedding. I just loved everything about it, the packaging is so sweet and it has such a lovely feel to it. The mirror inside is amazing and is what I used to apply my makeup on holiday. Now the shades are to die for, they are in these perfect nude tones which are so pigmented and so good for simple and quick holiday eyes. I've used it a lot since we've been home as well. Lastly the size is just perfect for travel.

For Bronzer I took the Tanya Burr Cosmetics Illuminating Powder in Warm Bronze. Firstly I love the packaging of these, I just think gold or rose gold packaging makes everything look expensive when it really isn't. It is really pigmented with a shimmer which is perfect for healthy 'glowy' holiday makeup looks.
I also like to take a couple of blushers as I like to mix them up so, again I took the Tanya Burr Cosmetics Illuminating Powder in Peonies Please, which has to be the cutest name ever. Again this is a super pigmented product and gives such a lovely colour to the cheeks. It is definitely one of my favourites and one I reach for quite a lot.

The other Blusher I took was this Benefit Galifornia in Travel Size, which has to be the cutest blusher I have ever owned; just look at the packaging! It even comes with a tiny brush inside. This blusher is also really pigmented and is in a gorgeous coral shade which I love. I really like the size of this product and I really want to try some of the other blushers and highlighters they do in this size as they are so darn cute.
For my liquid liner I packed the Rimmel Scandal Eyes Precision Micro Eyeliner. It says it has 'Stay True Colour up to 24 Hours' which to be honest I really don't agree with. It goes on really black but after a while it just fades and after a whole day, there is nothing left so not overly impressed with this. It was however, really easy to use and because of the size of the applicator you could either get a thin or thick line depending on what you prefer. For an evening it was great but for all day I wouldn't recommend it.

Lastly lip products and both of which I love. I took my L'Oreal J-Lo Nude which basically goes everywhere with me. It's just the perfect shade to pop on day or night. Finally before I went away I purchased the Charlotte Tilbury Matte Revolution Lipstick in Lost Cherry and OMG it is beautiful. The packaging is gorgeous and the shade is stunning. The lipstick is so easy to apply because of the shape and it can be used as a lipstick or dab on for a lip stain. The staying power is phenomenal and I can't praise her lip products enough.
Thank you for reading
Don't forget to check out my Instagram - love.hblog & Twitter - @Love_H23blog
Love.Hx

Comments

Popular Posts