The February & March Empties.

As my last Empties post went down so well... here's another. Enjoy x

The start of the year is always a funny time; January lasts forever and February flies by and before you know it is Easter. So I decided during the dull last few months of Winter, I would give a few new drugstore products a try, along with my favourites. Here's the Empties I have saved over the last couple of months...
Batiste Dry Shampoo Plus
I know it's bad but I just have to wash my hair every day. I have incredibly fussy hair and I can only use a few products otherwise, it just ends up looking greasy. Dry shampoo is not something I use often but I am really trying to not wash my hair as much. I really liked this dry shampoo and it seemed to work ok for me. It had a brown hint so you don't end up with a head covered in white powder. It smelled ok as well.
Repurchase? Yes - I'm thinking about trying a different scent next time though

Herbal Essences Boosted Volume Uplifting Volume Shampoo and Conditioner
I actually got through two shampoos and two conditioners! I have been using Herbal Essences hair care for a while as I just can't seem to find another brand that A. my hair likes and B. smells as good. I decided to try this one just purely for the scent and I can confirm, it is divine. It is really citrus which I really like to use in the shower in the morning to help wake me up. It is also the only brand I have found where the scent actually lasts through the day.
Repurchase? Already have and currently using

Bilou Pink Melon Creamy Shower Foam
OMG this smells incredible, it smelt just like Melon. I absolutely loved this product. I thought to begin with, that it seemed quite expensive for the size of the can but it lasted such a long time and I used it pretty much everyday. It turns out, you really do get value for money with these and I really want to check out some of the other scents.
Repurchase? Yes - I currently have a Berry flavoured one to try and I can't wait

Bayliss & Harding Midnight Fig & Pomegranate Candle
I absolutely love this scent. I actually bought these candles as a gift in the sales last year but ended up opening them...oops. I just couldn't give them away as I knew they were my favourite. The packaging is so cute in the hot pink shade with a snowy pattern. It burnt really evenly which I was impressed with as, I quite often end up with half the candle still left up the side. I would highly recommend these candles.
Repurchase? Yes - although I have another two to burn yet and a huge candle collection already

Boots Essentials Cucumber Eye Gel
I've spoken about this product previously and it is one that I have bought time and time again. It is a smooth, watery, gel and my skin seems to drink this up, so much better than a traditional eye cream. I find this one really soothing which is lovely all year round but also amazing if you pop it in the fridge for a little while in the summer before applying...bliss.
Repurchase? Yes definitely
Nip+Fab Glycolic Fix Daily Cleansing Pads
These pads have honestly changed my skincare regime and transformed my skin. I can't tell you how much I love these pads. You get 60 in a tub so they last really well as you only need one at a time. If you want to see what I think of them in full, I wrote a whole post on them here; https://loveh23.blogspot.co.uk/2018/02/my-first-nipfab-purchase.html
Repurchase? Yes!! - However I am currently using Superdrug own ones to see what they are like

Zoella Blissful Mistful Fragranced Body Mist
Zoella creates the most beautiful scents and ones that are just perfect for every day use (I use mine Monday to Friday). I have actually gotten through two of these already so this must be one of my favourites. It has notes that are fresh and floral and comes in this super cute square bottle, compete with polka dots; which I am currently obsessed with and it has a simple but classy feel.
Repurchase? Yes!

Next Eau Nude Eau De Parfum
I have been a fan of Next fragrances for a good 10 years. They do some amazing scents that again are perfect for every day work wear. I also really like the packaging and branding of their products. Some of my all time favourite scents come from Next and ones that I purchase time and time again. I always have one of these small bottles in my collection as, they are perfect for your handbag and taking away on city breaks which I have done a lot of in the past. This one has notes of red fruits, florals, powdery musk and vanilla.
Repurchase? Yes - I really want to get this one in full size

Superdrug - Manuka Honey Peel Off Mask
I was given this mask by my partner for Christmas. I'm not a huge mask person as I always forget I have them. However, I really liked this mask, even though it literally was like covering your face with honey (quite sticky but dried really quickly). I also particularly like the peel off masks as I find them really satisfying. I like to get more than one use out of a sachet so I only used half each time and it was plenty. It left my skin feeling really smooth and soft so very impressed for £0.99!
Repurchase? Yes - I really want to give some of their others a try

Lush Butterbear Bath Bomb
Earlier in the year I decided I wanted to use up some of the products I have had in the bathroom for a while (probably why this post is so long). That included my Christmas Lush products. I love the thought of a Lush bath but in reality I'm not very good at actually getting round to having a bath and sitting still for more than 30 seconds. I really liked this product it made my skin feel really soft and it looked super cute. Again I tend to break these products in two if I can and get more than one use out of them.
Repurchase? Yes - as soon as I've used up a few more of the ones I currently have, I will be making a trip to my nearest store to see what ones I can try next
Kat Von D Sinner & Saint Eau De Parfum Samples
I was kindly sent this sample by the Glamour Beauty Club and I really enjoyed wearing them both. I think that having a two sided perfume is such a cool idea. As much as I liked them both and would probably buy both, I would have to say, if I had to pick one, that Sinner was my favourite of the two. The bottles of the full size products look stunning.
Repurchase? Yes - I have Sinner on my massive Wish List

Bare Minerals Skinlongevity Vital Power Infusion Sample
I seem to have quite a few samples that I had forgotten about and stumbled across this in my draw. Again I used the sample twice as I don't like to put too much product on my skin. I really liked this and it felt really nice and soft on my skin. I also didn't get any break outs from using this product on my sensitive skin.
Repurchase? No - I'm not sure I would buy this product

Essentiel Elements Bathe Body Lotion
This is a bit of a random one as I picked this up from a Hotel I stayed in last year. I did actually really like it though as it wasn't sticky at all and soaked into my skin really quickly so got a thumbs up from me.

Bubble T Bath Tea Bag
I had been wanting to try Bath Tea Bags for so long that after some internet research, I decided to buy these as. I didn't want to spend a lot of money and a box of these are soo cheap. I have to say though, that I wasn't blown away by them. Don't get me wrong, they smell lovely and they dissolve quickly but they didn't really add anything to my bath and didn't turn the water pink which I was disappointed about.
Repurchase? I probably wouldn't
Finally my normal empties above, mentioned in my previous post (https://loveh23.blogspot.co.uk/2018/01/my-first-empties-blog.html); Right Guard Anti-Perspirant, Nivea Eye Makeup Remover, I got through 2 of these and B.Skincare Sensitive Micellar Wipes and Melting Gel Cleanser.


It's not until I write these posts that I realise just how many products I get through.
Thank you for reading
Don't forget to check out my Instagram - love.hblog & Twitter - @Love_H23blog
Love.Hx

Comments

Popular Posts