What I've Been Using To Relax During Pregnancy.


Relaxation is such an important one to remember during pregnancy and something I always struggle with in general. I'm someone that struggles to sit still at home as I'm always thinking of the next thing that needs to be done.


I'm really trying to make a conscious effort to use the following on a regular basis in order to calm my mind after work. Full time work and growing a baby is tough!


1. Mrs Hinch inspired Word Search Book
I saw this on her stories and thought it was such a good idea so went straight onto eBay to buy one (£1.99). I've always been a fan of Sudoku and Word Search travel books and always take one on holiday with me but it never occurred to me to use one at home.

2. Baths
Baths is a tough one in pregnancy but I figured if you use common sense it is fine. I didn't have a bath during my first trimester but waited till my second. There are also so many confusing articles on safe bath products so I decided to be cautious and buy the 'Natural Birthing Company Best Washes Uplifting Body Wash For Delicate Noses' from Boots which has been developed by Midwives. I love it, you can enjoy a nice relaxing bath with peace of mind that the product is safe.


3. Eye Masks
I've spoken about this a few times before but I just love cold products on my eyes. I've loved the Garnier Eye Masks recently and the Boots Cucumber Eye Gel in the past. I decided to do some research on reusable masks and came across another eBay bargain. I decided to buy a Soothing Reusable Eye Mask for £1.99 which has been lovely. I pop it in the fridge for a little while before use and then apply to my eyes. I thought it would also be good as I have suffered with a few headaches in the second trimester.

4. Reading
Always a favourite past time of mine and one I have tried to pick back up in the second trimester. In the first trimester I struggled with exhaustion so didn't really read at all. I'm determined to read as many of my unread books before the baby arrives and have been enjoying my Day by Day Pregnancy book every night before bed whilst listening to heavy rain on YouTube. 


5. The Little Book of Mindfulness Book
It was actually my mum who bought me this book as she says I'm always moving at 100mph. It's the cutest little book with explanation around Mindfulness along with little exercises to practice which I have been doing one of every night before bed.

Leave me a comment and let me know what you do to relax.

Thank you for reading
Don't forget to check out my Instagram - love.hblog & Twitter - @Love_H23blog
Love.Hx

Comments

Popular Posts