February Favourites.

February feels like such a short month and I love it because it means we are getting closer and closer to Spring. It doesn't look like I've had many favourites this month but some I just can't photograph and some I've eaten (oops). So in no particular order...
1. Kat Von D - 'Tattoo Liner' Liquid Eyeliner
I received this sample size eyeliner from the Glamour Beauty Club. I had been using the same Collection Extreme 24hr Felt Tip Liner for such a long time, and because I had become so used to using it and I knew I could use it without any bother, I never looked for another brand. That was until this one came along and O-M-G. Firstly, let's just take a moment to appreciate the packaging, with the pretty roses and stars, it just screams cool. It is also surprisingly easy to use. I didn't know how I was going to get on with it but it goes on so easily and really doesn't budge all day. The only downside I would say is the price, I'm not sure how I feel about paying £16.00 for a 0.55ml product.
2. Toni & Guy Cleanse Shampoo - Shampoo for Advanced Detox
This has been a favourite for a while and one I still go back every month. I love the colour of the bottle as I am obsessed with grey at the minute and I love the simplicity of the branding. It has also got a really cool top, that you push down to open. Since being in my 20's I have done less and less with my hair. At school, I pretty much didn't go out unless I had straightened my hair and if I couldn't straighten it I put it up! I also don't get it cut or coloured very regularly which is so silly as my sister is a Hair Stylist. So in a bid to do something with my hair other than wash it, I decided to look into clarifying shampoos and came across this one. Once a month I like to use it to, strip back the build-up of products (dry shampoo) used over the month. This shampoo scared me, to begin with as you can notice the difference after using this product as your hair feels a little course, but I use a good moisturising hair mask to treat my hair after use. I also limit this product to maximum once a month and I've really enjoyed using it.
3. ITV Girlfriends
Oh my goodness, this programme was so good. I am notoriously bad at watching anything on TV other than Netflix or starting something and it taking me 6 months to finish it. Not with this programme, I managed to keep up with this every week, I enjoyed it that much. It has an amazing cast and such a good storyline. It has everything, serious storyline, sadness, humour, you can't not like it. It's currently on the ITV Hub if you want to check it out.

4. The Greatest Showman Soundtrack
'This is the Greatest Show' and it really is one of the best films I've seen for a while, it is brilliant. I would also say though that the soundtrack is one of the best I've heard since La La Land. The songs are so powerful and catchy and sung by some amazing voices. If you haven't already, you need to check out the film and the soundtrack - you really won't be able to stop listening to it.

5. Daffodils & Tulips
This time of year is perfect for buying flowers. All the bunches change from autumnal colour ranges to bright spring shades. I love having fresh flowers in my house as they really do lift my mood. I always find as well, that most tend to live past the number of days stated on the packet when you buy them, which is only a bonus. I love all of the bright colours and Daffodils just give you the promise of Spring, even though it has decided to snow this week. If you need a little pick me up, flowers are such a cheap and easy way to achieve just that.
6. MUA Skin Define Matte Perfect Foundation
I have been using a couple of MUA products for a while, such as Eyeshadows and Blushers that I decided during February that I wanted to give some other products a go. It is so cheap so wasn't going to be a huge waste of money if I didn't like the things I tried. I picked up a couple of bits, almost enough to do a whole makeup look and I've got a review post coming in March. But I can't write this post without mentioning this foundation. I didn't really have high hopes for this as it was only £4.00 and they didn't have a huge selection of shades. However, the shade I picked up is perfect for my skin tone and I have worn no other foundations for the duration of February and will be one I will continue to use for a while. You literally need 1 pump to do your whole face and I would say it has a medium coverage but it is totally buildable. It gives my face such a healthy glow and although it claims to be matte, no product is going to keep the shine off of my skin. I also love the way it feels on my face and for £4.00 I really have no complaints as it goes on with a brush like a dream.
7. Lemon Water
There are so many amazing benefits of drinking lemon water, for example, it helps digestion, it is a natural flush of our systems to get rid of any toxins, a little immune system boost (which let's be honest we all need this time of year), better skin and better weight! I don't have a lot of time in the week to have one in the morning so this is something I look forward to doing on the weekend. I like to make this the first thing I drink on a Saturday and Sunday morning to start my day. I also like to have mine warm and it helps to absorb into your bodies quicker than cold water. If I had the time to have one every morning I would. You need to be careful not to drink too much lemon water as the acid from the lemon can be bad for your teeth so maybe have 1 cup a day.
8. Glossier Milky Jelly Cleanser
I placed my first Glossier order before Christmas and I have to say I don't remember ever being that excited for a parcel to be delivered. I had such high hopes for the products and I wasn't disappointed. I'm going to write about the products I bought in a future blog post now that I have been able to give them a proper road test. I wanted to mention this cleanser here though as I have been reaching for it a lot more over the last month. Firstly I love the packaging and I love the fact your order comes with stickers to personalise your items which is such a simple idea but so so effective. I really like the consistency of the product as it feels like you are using something special on your skin and more of a treat than just cleansing your face. I also really like the scent and my skin feels so clean after using it. I would really recommend this cleanser to everyone.
9. Cadbury Creme Egg (Cream Egg!)
It wouldn't be a favourites post without at least one naughty item and this month has to be the Creme Egg. I don't think I have ever eaten so many in such a short amount of time before - I'm not even trying to find a white one, I've just become obsessed with them. Over the last couple of weeks I have eaten at least 3 of these a week, I can't get enough. I also keep telling myself that you can't get them all year round which is making me want them more. They are honestly just so god damn good and there is nothing else like them.
I hope you enjoyed this post. I will be back at the end of next month with my latest Empties post instead of a Favourites and it's going to be quite a lengthy one, so look out for that. I've also got a few different posts coming in between :). 

Thank you for reading
Don't forget to check out my Instagram - love.h23blog & Twitter - @Love_H23blog
Love.Hx

Comments

Popular Posts