Mini Book Review|| Goodnight Stories for Rebel Girls.


I've not written a review before so, when I was asked to write one for this book on my Instagram, I thought I'd give it a go. I read quite a few books in January (see my January Books Round Up post) I felt like this book needed it's own post.



I had seen this book a couple of times on Instagram and instantly became intrigued. I know you shouldn't judge a book by its cover, but I do, I can't help it. If a book has a cover I don't like, chances are I won't read it. This book however instantly caught my eye and I wanted to know more. I looked it up on the Internet to see what it was about and just before Christmas I spotted it in the Supermarket for £8.50 and thought I would give it a read.


I love the feel of the front cover, it is quite hard to describe but it feels almost velvety which I feel makes it that little bit more special. The design on the front and on the inside, is of star constillations which is such a cute design. I also love that this book has a ribbon book mark - not many books have these anymore and you know you have a special book in your hand when it has one of those.
Every double page is dedicated to an amazing woman, with her name, what she was famous for, her story, where she was from and the dates she was alive. On the opposite page is an illustration and something I particularly liked about this book is every illustration has been created by sixty female artists from all over the world. Each illustration page also has a quote.

Goodnight Stories for Rebel Girls is 'the most funded original book in the history of crowdfunding'. You just know when you are holding this book that you are holding something special.
I would reccomend reading about one amazing woman a night before bed or one a day, that way you can really think about each one and what they went through. Embarassingly I hadn't heard of most of the women in this book so, I would highly recommend this book to everyone of all ages, I think everyone could learn a lot from this book!

Go buy it - you really won't be disappointed. I am going to treasure this book forever and I cannot wait to read it with my children one day.

I hope you found this useful and as always thank you for reading
Don't forget to check out my Instagram - love.h23blog & Twitter - @Love_H23blog
Love.Hx

Comments

Popular Posts