My Christmas Day Makeup Routine.


Now there is no denying that Christmas is my favourite time of year. I just love everything about it; the decorations, the build-up and the day itself. I love having a new Christmas Day outfit and spending some time doing my makeup for the day. Here are the products I plan on using this year.

Benefit The Porefessional
I'll be honest, I'm not very good at remembering to use Primer and is a step I tend to skip. However, if I am doing my makeup for a special occassion, I will always use primer and this is the one I use. I love the texture of this product as its really silky and glides on to the skin. You can also use this product to touch up over your makeup during the day, which I thought was interesting and not something I have tried before. If you have been blessed with clear skin and don't tend to wear foundation, you can also use this on its own.

No7 Beautifully Matte Mousse Foundation
I first purchased this foundation about 10 years ago and it was the first product I bought from No7. I used it every day and honestly it transformed the way my skin looked, as it gives such a smooth finish. I was devastated when No7 discontinued this product. It wasn't until recently, that I discovered that they had brought it back! However, they only brought it back in 3 shades and mine was not one of them. This, however, hasn't stopped me purchasing it. I went with the shade recommendation from the No7 consultant and to be honest its a pretty good match. It's quite a medium-high coverage but because its a mousse it ends up looking like skin.

Clinique Stay-Matte Sheer Pressed Powder - 101 Invisible Matte
I have oily skin so powder is essential for me. This one is more pricey than others I have previously used but it honestly lasts so long, bearing in mind how often I use it. I don't use the sponge it comes with, as I like to apply this product with a brush all over my face to get rid of shine and to set my foundation. Something else I also like about this powder is that it doesn't make your makeup 'cakey' so definitely one I would purchase again (if I ever get to the bottom!)

Sleek Blush By 3 - Pink Lemonade 369
This palette is so lovely and the blushers are so pigmented, which means you can use a little or build them up. There are 2 shimmer blushes and 1 cream blush. The cream blushers are not something I regularly use but I just love the shade of the one in this palette. The shade I use the most is the coral shade on the right, as I tend to use more coral blushers than pink. I really think these shades would suit everyone. The final thing I love about this palette is the mirror in the lid which is such a good size, it's really good for doing your eye makeup in when you're on the go or away.

No7 Skin Illuminator - Shade Nude
OMG, this illuminator is gorgeous! You can use it a number of ways; under your foundation as a primer, mixed with your foundation or as a highlighter for your cheek and brow bones. I tend to use this as more as a highlighter but again this isn't something I do every day. As I have oily skin I think using this as a base or mixing with my foundation would just be too much on my skin. I would definitely recommend this product as it's beautiful and would suit everyone.

Tanya Burr Selfie Story Sculpt Eyebrow Pencil - Medium
I love this product for filling in my brows and is one I have mentioned before. The pencil is so easy to use and gives such a natural finish. The Spoolie is also great for combing through and neatening your brows to finish.

Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat Radiant Touch Concealer - Luminous Radiance 1
This concealer is a little more pricey than my every day concealers, so I like to use it for special occasions. This was a limited edition version so looks different to the normal packaging. This item is gorgeous and is great for concealing and brightening under the eyes.

Yves Saint Laurent Wet & Dry Eyeshadow Palette - 20 Pure Chromatics
This is such a lovely palette and the most expensive one I own. You can use this one dry for a more subtle look or wet for more colour payoff. It is made up of my dream colours, I absolutely love gold, bronze eyeshadows and I love a bit of shimmer.


Collection Extreme 24Hr Felt Tip Eye Liner - Black 1

I have used this liner for such a long time. I've never got the hang or patients for liquid liner and I find the felt tip style pens so much easier to use. If you use a pencil liner underneath and pop this over the top, it lasts so much longer. It is also easier to line with a pencil!

Tanya Burr Selfie Story Lash Mascara - Black
This mascara is one of my favourites. I love the wand and it really does coat the lashes beautifully. It's also really buildable so, so easy to go from day to night.


L'Oreal Color Riche Gold Obsession - Rouge Gold &

Rimmel 1000 Kisses Lipliner - Red Dynamite 21
This is the only red lipstick I have found that suits me. It is so pretty in a gorgeous bright red with red glitter. It also lasts really well. When I wear a coloured lip I like to line my lips as it really helps to define your lip shape. I use the Rimmel lip liners as they are really pigmented, easy to use and last really well.


Don't forget to check out my Instagram - love.h23blog
Thank you for reading
Love.Hx

Comments

Popular Posts