December Favourites.


I'm back and here with quite a lengthy blog! It has been so nice taking time out and spending some good quality time with family. I hope you all had a lovely Christmas and are looking forward to what 2018 brings. Here are the things I loved in December...

1. All Things Christmas
I am a huge lover of Christmas and everything about it, from the build-up at the start of the month to the day itself. I love the music, food, decorations and the atmosphere everywhere you go. It is no doubt the best month of the year.

2. Clothing - H&M Coat
I absolutely love this coat. I bought it on Black Friday when H&M had 20% off everything and I have worn it so much since. Because of the colours, it looks lovely with a bright jumper underneath with a big chunky scarf. It's so easy to dress up or wear casually and I've found it to be a really useful item to have.

3. Clothing - Christmas PJ's and Festive Socks
Nothing says Christmas more than pyjamas and quirky socks. I am also a huge fan of Christmas jumpers and I'll admit I have quite a few and always add to the collection every year. I love nothing more than getting in from work, popping on my festive PJ's (yes I am one of those people, who isn't) with Christmas socks and curling up on the sofa for the evening.

4. Food - Jus-Rol
These are perfect all year round but I particularly like them during Autumn and Winter. They are super quick and easy to make and make you feel like your baking when really you're not. They taste amazing too.

5. Drink - Costa Coffee's Billionaire Hot Chocolate
OMG, this hot chocolate!! I don't go into costa a lot as I am not a big hot drink lover, I have the occasional tea and hot chocolate at home but not every day. It was whilst I was out Christmas shopping that I decided to try this drink and I'm so glad I did, it is amazing. The first one I had had a marshmallow in the bottom which then melted! I also love the festive cups. Costa hot chocolates are definitely going to be a shopping tradition going into 2018.

6. Food - Quality Street
This had to be a December favourite as it wouldn't be Christmas without them. We always have Quality Street in December and don't tend to buy the other varieties. My favourites by far have to be the Milk Choc Block, Orange Creme and Strawberry Delight.

7. Makeup - Bourjois Lipstick
I bought this lipstick on Christmas Eve to wear on Christmas day. I applied this at 10am on Christmas morning and it was still there at 8pm on Christmas night! I am hugely impressed with this lipstick. Whilst it was not perfect looking in the evening it was still clear what I had been wearing. It also applies like an absolute dream and I love the shape of the lipstick itself. I am definately going to be looking at getting a couple more shades.

8. Makeup - Topshop Shuffle the Cards Eyeshadow
This eyeshadow is gorgeous and not like one I have tried before. My partner even commented how it changes colour in different light and I received so many compliments whilst wearing it. It's really easy to apply, really pigmented and has really good staying power if you use a good eyeshadow primer. I was a bit sceptical of paying £9.50 for a high street store eyeshadow but I would buy it again in a heartbeat.

9. Scent - Snowella Body Mist
Just look at the bottle design & fluffy pom pom, is that not the cutest thing ever! I've loved wearing this scent almost everyday in December. It is a really fresh smell and not heavy at all. It also comes it a good sized bottle so really good value for money.

10. Bath - Lush Christmas Range
Lush release the most amazing seasonal products and I could go mad everytime I visit one of their stores. I don't tend to have baths that often and I don't have a lot of storage space for loads of bath products, so I take my time and select a few I will really love using. I chose the 'The Snowman Bubbleroon', 'Butterbear' & 'Tree-d' Bath Oil. I really suffer from dry skin during the winter months and I find the lush oils really help, they also all smell amazing and are so damned cute.

11. Book - Tanya's Christmas
Tanya really does create the most beautiful books. I love the paper used for the pages of this one and it is jam-packed full of amazing ideas. I have already started a list on my phone of things I want to make/ create for Christmas 2018!

12. Book - The Christmasaurous Book
I bought this at the end of 2016 and I didn't want to read it during any other month other than December, so I have waited a whole year to read this book! What a sweet and lovely story it is, with lovely illustrations, depicting the characters just how I would have imagined them. I don't think books should be enjoyed solely by their target audience (in this case children) I think books should be read by all ages. I can't wait to have children and read this book to them, as well as all the stories I was read as a child.

13. Music - Michael Bublé Christmas Album
Michael Bublé is the king of Christmas and I play his album every December. I love all of the songs and it is the perfect album to play to get you into the swing of Christmas.
14. Music - Michael Bublé Song - 'Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)'
As soon as this song starts I get so excited for Christmas and it is fast becoming one of my favourite Christmas songs ever. I could listen to it over and over.

15. Misc - Spending time with my family
I think we all need to remember that Christmas is not about the presents but about spending quality time with our families and loved ones. I love nothing more than playing board games on Christmas day and laughing till our cheeks hurt. It's also lovely to see family members we don't see as much during the year, as they live further away. I also think it is super important to remember and be grateful for what we have got.

Here's to 2018! 
Please check out my Instagram - love.h23blog
Thank you for reading
Love.Hx

Comments

Popular Posts